The therapeutic center was established in 2013, which is considered one of the arms of the Sharjah City for Humanitarian Services, which provides rehabilitation and therapeutic services in the evening period for children integrated in schools and kindergartens, as well as children and young people with mental weakness between the interface, and people with disabilities.
The treatment center includes an integrated team of professional specialists trained on the latest diagnostic and treatment programs, curricula and standards, which guarantees the beneficiary to obtain the best quality of advisory and rehabilitation services based on the best and latest international practices based on scientific evidence and evidence.
The center has expanded in providing its services, as a branch of the therapeutic center was opened in the eastern region of Kalba in early 2021.
The treatment center opens its doors to receive beneficiaries and provide services to them throughout the week, except for Friday, according to the following times:
- From Monday to Thursday from 4-7 pm.
- Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 3 pm.
Age group of beneficiaries: from the age of three years and above.
- Children integrated into schools and kindergartens.
- Children and young people with intellectual weakness in between.
- Children and youth with disabilities who wish to receive intensive individual rehabilitation sessions.
The most important basic services provided:
Consulting, assessment and diagnostic services
- Educational psychological assessment service.
- Speech and language assessment service.
- Physical and occupational therapy assessment service.
- Psychological and educational counseling.
- Speech and language counseling.
- Physiotherapy consultations.
- Occupational therapy consultations.
Rehabilitation and treatment services:
- Rehabilitation sessions in speech and language.
- Skills development sessions.
- Rehabilitation sessions in physical therapy.
- Rehabilitation sessions in occupational therapy.
- Family counseling sessions and positive behavior support.
- Rehabilitation sessions for the visually impaired and the blind.
Since its opening in 2013, the center has provided services to more than 5,000 beneficiaries.
Approval of the reports of the treatment center by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Community Development.
Mechanism of registration
The registration process is carried out in the center by an arranged mechanism according to the following steps:.
- Visiting the social worker, you need the original Emirates ID card. (Or one of the identification papers provided that his residence in the country is valid for non-nationals).
- The center will contact you within a few days to coordinate the date of your first visit and receive the evaluation service.
- The assessment service fee is paid before joining the service.
- The beneficiary enrolls in remedial sessions as needed and according to the evaluation result.
- Services are provided in the early intervention center building in the main city building.
Bring all medical reports, if any.