Sharjah City for Humanitarian Services (SCHS), in cooperation with the Hashemite University of Jordan, will organize the Virtual International Scientific Conference on March 8 and 9, 2022 under the title "
Quality of Life for Persons with Severe and Multiple Disabilities".
The conference aims to
- Raise awareness about the latest developments and medical, scientific, practical, educational and rehabilitative practices for people with severe and multiple disabilities.
- It will shed light on the most important issues and rights related to them.
- The conference will provide new knowledge; allow the exchanging of distinctive experiences.
- Proposing solutions to some issues and challenges.
- Improve the quality of life for people with severe and multiple disabilities and their families”.
The conference Themes
The first is about (medical-therapeutic)
It discusses therapeutic interventions for people with severe and multiple disabilities from the health-medical, kinetic, communicative, and nutritional aspects.
The second theme is about (education and rehabilitation)
It will discuss the latest educational methods and curricula (best practices in the services provided), assessment methods and measurement methodologies used, vocational rehabilitation. In addition to rehabilitation programs to support the needs of adolescents and youth with severe and multiple disabilities. SCHS will use early intervention with children with severe and multiple disabilities. It will discuss creative aspects of people with severe and multiple disabilities and inclusion of students with multiple and severe disabilities.
The third theme will address supporting families psychologically, socially, financially, and recreationally for families of people with severe and multiple disabilities via counseling. In addition to the issue of family counseling for families of people with severe, multiple disabilities, and the psychological and social dimensions of families (brothers, mothers, fathers).
The fourth theme (rights and laws for people with disabilities)
will present the most important international, regional and local laws that guarantee the rights of people with severe and multiple disabilities. In addition to rights related to academic fields, the right of expression and choice, and the right to recreation, entertainment and sports.
The fifth theme (Assistive Technologies for people with severe and multiple disabilities)
speakers will talk about assistive technologies and the technology used to develop the capabilities and skills of people with severe and multiple disabilities. It will explain the role of technology in improving the quality of life for people with severe and multiple disabilities and how professionals use technology in the educational and training process.
The sixth and final theme is about (controversial issues and recent trends)
It will discuss issues of aging and living independently, the trans disciplinary working group, cases of exploitation, abuse and empowerment, self-determination and decision-making among people with severe and multiple disabilities.
Date and place of the Conference
- The conference venue: It is held virtually from the headquarters of the Sharjah City for Humanitarian Services in the Emirate of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, through:
- Zoom Event
- Date: March 8-9, 2022
- Conference language: Arabic / English with simultaneous interpretation.
- Conference cost: Attending the confrence is free of charge through the registration link. Those wishing to obtain a certificate of participation shall pay fees of $ 110, or the equivalent of 367 AED.
Zoom Active account. (if you don't have zoom account Click Here)
Enter Event Page (Click Here)
Sign In to Event Page with your zoom account. (Sign In is on the left up side of the event page)
Click on registration icon in the conference page & complete the registration.
Your Free ticket is ready
- The ticket is available in your zoom event account.
- you will receive the ticket on your Email Account also.
- you Can Assess and participate in the conference from dat of registration tell 10 days after the events.
- يمكنك الدخول علئ اللوبي، خلال أوقات المؤتمر والتنقل بين القاعة الرئيسية للمؤتمر والورش والمعرض حسب الأيام.
|Guide Manual of Registration and participating in Conference|
For more details / Support
WhattsUp / Contact : 00971503078161