Al Amal School for the Deaf was established at the Sharjah City for Humanitarian Services at the beginning of the city’s establishment in 1979 as a basic nucleus for the city’s institutions, to provide deaf and hard of hearing students with an accredited academic education using the best educational and educational methods and the latest technologies. Then Al Amal Kindergarten was opened in 1983 to provide service to deaf children from Young age starts from two and a half years. Al Amal School for the Deaf is the only school in the UAE that provides academic education for the deaf and hard of hearing.
Guardian Portal | Al-Amal School and Kindergarten for the Deaf
The age of admission of students to Al-Amal School and Kindergarten for the Deaf is based on the age approved by the Ministry of Education.
- Where the age of admission to nursery starts from the age of two and a half years.
- First kindergarten at the age of 4 years.
- Second kindergarten at the age of 5 years.
- The student enters the school in the first grade at the age of 6 years.
The most important basic services provided:
Educational services - Educational
- Educational services (Classes).
- Family Counseling Services.
Evaluation and consulting services
- Pronunciation and language.
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy.
- Physical classes.
- Music therapy.
- Auditory training.
- Follow up on hearing aids.
- Al-Amal Kindergarten and School for the Deaf adopts the academic curriculum of the Ministry of Education.
- As for the assessment and determination of capabilities, it is carried out through the standard measurement system AEPS.
The most important achievements and awards
- BETT ASIA Awards 2020 "Category of Collaboration with Institutions."
- Khalifa Educational Award "Excellent Center Category for People of Determination" 2017.
- Princess Haya Award for Special Education - Distinguished Special Education Center category 2018-2019.
- Sharjah Award for Educational Excellence "Distinguished School Category" 2016 .
- Sharjah Sustainability Award (Distinguished School) 2016.
- Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed Award for Childhood Creativity 2016.
- View class show - Microsoft School.
- Joining the UNESCO Associated Schools Network (national coordination in the United Arab Emirates).
- Accreditation and licensing of Al-Amal for the Deaf from the Sharjah Special Education Authority for the school 2019-2020.
- 3 students joined ambassadors, watch security, watch children, children children, children children in Sharjah in the year 2019-2020.
- The UCMAS team and two students win the global competition in Singapore 2019.
- Articipation in the UAE Innovation Month.
- Participation in the poetry competition for all.
- Participation in the National Raja competition.
- Participation in the World Urban Forum Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 conference.
You can view the circulars through the Guardian portal directly, click here
Mechanism of registration
The registration process is carried out in the center by an arranged mechanism.
- In the beginning, the initial registration process is done by phone or by visiting the center in coordination with the receptionist or social service employee.
- After that, the center contacts the family, schedules an appointment for the initial survey, and brings the medical report and identification papers.
- Then the family is contacted for the second time for official registration and interviews with specialists for evaluation according to the child's need.
- After that, the center contacts the family to hand over the child’s report after completing the comprehensive assessment process, and they are informed of the services that will be provided to the child (family counseling, classes, communication, physical therapy), taking into account the date of the child’s registration and waiting lists.