The Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Center began providing its services to children with disabilities in the early eighties as part of the Institute of Intellectual Education (formerly) Al-Wafa School for Capacity Development (currently), while at the Early Intervention Center the beginning was in the year 1994.
The center began its work independently at the beginning of September of the year 1999, with two specialists in physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
The Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Center was licensed in 2020 in addition to the Ministry of Health and Community Protection.
The center receives all age groups from newborns to the elderly.
Provides physical and occupational therapy services needed by beneficiaries of different types of disabilities.
The most important basic services provided:
First: Regular Services
- Physiotherapy sessions.
- Occupational therapy sessions.
- Evaluation and re-evaluation sessions and consultations.
Second: Support Services
- Hydrotherapy service.
- Horse riding therapy service
- Heat therapy (hot, cold compresses).
- Music therapy service.
- Therapeutic gym service
- Group therapy services:
- Supervised training service.
- Family services:
- Follow-up and monitoring service.
- Class support service:
- Specialized medical advice and follow-up service (the use of specialist doctors and the provision of the necessary advice).
- Survey service.
- Self-care and daily life skills programs.
- Combined therapy sessions.
- Group activity sessions
- Family counseling and training services.
- Follow-up and family training services.
- class session service.
- Supportive class visits.
Third: Training and community awareness services
- Training, development and awareness services for specialized employees and cadres working in the field.
- Training services for university students.
- Community awareness services.
- Bobath Approach.
- Sensory Integration Approach.
- Task Oriented Approach.
The center is approved and licensed by the Ministry of Health and Prevention.
Mechanism of registration
The registration process is carried out in the center by an arranged mechanism.
- In the beginning, the initial registration process is done by phone or by visiting the center in coordination with the receptionist or social service employee.
- After that, the center contacts the family, schedules an appointment for the initial survey, and brings the medical report and identification papers.
- Then the family is contacted for the second time for official registration and interviews with specialists for evaluation according to the child's need.
- After that, the center contacts the family to hand over the child’s report after completing the comprehensive assessment process, and they are informed of the services that will be provided to the child (family counseling, classes, communication, physical therapy), taking into account the date of the child’s registration and waiting lists.